King of Prussia, PA | Permanent
Seeking an experienced accounting professional for a new opportunity. Looking for a CPA with public accounting experience. A successful candidate will be deadline driven, and have hands on accounting experience.
Laurus Accounting & Finance is seeking a professional with extensive experience. Our client has asked them to help them in their search to find a new Controller to help the company with financial decisions.
Great perks! Christmas/year end bonus, occasional free lunches, etc.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER:
- Coordination of systems and procedures and the preparation of operating data and special reports as required including interim and year-end financial statements.
- Maintain the Company's system of accounts, books and records on all Company transactions and assets.
- Work with the CFO to establish, coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of operations including, profit planning, program for capital investing and financing, sales forecasts, expense budgets and cost standards, together with necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan.
- In conjunction with the CFO, coordinate, review and endorse budget proposals, discuss proposed changes and significant changes. Compare performance with operating plans and standards, and report and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management.
- Maintains the general ledger and all supporting documentation.
- Establish and administer tax policies and procedures.
- Supervise and/or coordinate the preparation of reports to government agencies.
- Provide other managers and departments with information required by them to carry out their assigned responsibilities.
- Responsible for coordinating month-end/quarter-end/and year-end accounting activities.
- Provide assistance on all matters to the CFO and the President.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent REQUIRED
- CPA certification REQUIRED
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience
- Public accounting experience
- Leadership/supervisory experience
- AP/AP, Month/Year end, GL, etc. experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Great Plains and Microsoft Dynamics preferred