Detroit, MI | Permanent
Laurus Accounting & Finance is representing an exciting leadership opportunity as a Tax Manager for a prominent Indiana based firm. He/she will oversee the Tax Team and be the leader on all tax compliance matters, internal controls, and tax policy issues. This role affords tremendous professional opportunity and exposure.
*This opportunity is in Indianapolis. Relocation assistance will be offered for the right individual.*
Responsibilities of Tax Manager:
- Manage federal and state income tax preparation including completion of estimated tax filings as required.
- Ensure timely filing of sales and use tax returns.
- Ensure understanding and proper filing of property taxes in all jurisdictions.
- Manage and complete any indirect taxation including filing annual reports and business registration returns.
- Research and implement proper taxation, reporting and remittance as the Company enters new states and new projects.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual tax provision calculations including provision tax reporting package preparation.
- Understand all tax exemption laws and documentation in all project areas assisting project teams and estimating as needed.
- Serves as subject matter expert on all tax compliance regulations ensuring that the tax filing positions are supported by sound research.
- Understand and provide compliance guidance with US GAAP, IRS and SEC regulations.
- Implement, maintain and report SOX tax controls and processes over tax compliance process.
- Review subcontractor prequalification financial scorecards for satisfaction of corporate requirements.
- Ensure compliance in year- end tax reporting requirements for 1099s.
- Complete the clearing of all notices received from all taxing authorities and communicating with the Departments of Revenue as needed.
- Manage and update all tax compliance software and systems consistently and on a regular basis.
- Advise the CFO and Corporate Controller by identifying, researching and implementing tax savings strategies.
- Calculate and report monthly HST tax returns in Canada.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
- Provide direction and management to outside advisors working on tax compliance projects.
- Interact with the finance and accounting team on a regular basis, providing leadership and guidance assistance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5+ Years Public Accounting and reporting experience
- Strong GAAP, SEC knowledge and SOX experience required
- Minimum of 3 years Tax Compliance and Reporting in a mid-size or larger company required
- Management Experience (minimum 5 years)