Plymouth Meeting, PA
The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities are to effectively perform the daily operations of the accounting department, perform monthly close process, and ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of financial data, while overseeing the staff and senior staff.
In addition to daily and monthly responsibilities, the Accounting Manager assists the Controller in setting and maintaining accounts payable and accounting policies, and execution and creation of new processes to support efficiencies.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, self-motivated, team player with a strong working knowledge of system processes, internal controls, US GAAP and SOX regulations. The candidate should be comfortable working collaboratively in teams and independently and excels when faced with new challenges and problems to solve.
- Perform and manage monthly, quarterly and annual close activities by ensuring timely, accurate and complete financial records and reporting in accordance with US GAAP, legal requirements, and the Company’s corporate policies
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries, analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, reports, and financial statements
- Provide day-to-day leadership and support to the staff and senior staff, including ensuring proper GL coding and
- Monitor and provide regular feedback to management on cash flows and forecasting
- Responsible for oversight of fixed assets records, review the monthly fixed asset depreciation, and review related monthly, quarterly, and appropriate schedules.
- Ensure that accounting documentation is compiled and maintained in support of relevant legal, regulatory, and audit requirements
- Support and assist with quarterly reviews and annual audits or any ad hoc projects as directed by management
- Maintain the general ledger
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience, including 2+ years in public accounting (Big 4 or second tier preferred) and 3-5 years of accounting experience in a public company,
- Must have Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industry experience
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, or equivalent - CPA Highly Preferred
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SOX requirements and experience managing external and internal audit activities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as analytical and interpersonal skills
- NetSuite experience preferred, and advanced Excel skills required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask in managing tight deadlines with follow-through and minimal supervision
- Possess a strong work ethic and ability to be adaptable to changing responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced environment