Laurus Professional is currently hiring for a Billing Clerk! This is a great opportunity for Billing professionals seeking to gain experience!
- Receive lockbox files from various banks and prepare them for billing support to post
- Review electronic EOB’s and patient credit card payments received to verify amount agrees with electronic deposit
- Resolve issues with the bank that occur with lockbox deposits (some examples are: missing page of an EOB, check deposited into account in error)
- Update lockbox excel file for A/R deposits
- Scan and review center invoices received and approved at PE
- Validate center invoices
- Upload and post center distribution payments once approved
- Upload the approved refunds into the accounting system
- Run weekly and monthly refund reports to save in SharePoint for billing.
- Enter new assets into the fixed asset system
- Back-up reconciling the corporate American Express card to verify all receipts are received from the card holders; make sure charges are valid; and prepare the spreadsheet used for the check request.
- Back-up receptionist duties as needed
- Filing, scanning and other miscellaneous clerical duties
- Back-up/assist others in the department as needed
- Must be an effective communicator at all levels and enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Access, Word, and financial software packages as needed.
- Highly organized, detail-orientated, a strong work ethic, and demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.