The Construction Inspector will monitor the on-site construction activities and inspect materials in accordance with the plans, specifications, and special provisions of the site. Maintain detailed accurate records of the daily operations and of significant events that affect the work. Working in the field at construction sites as a quality assurance representative inspecting construction work and performing construction materials testing. The inspector can also direct and perform mini pug mill testing on site to optimize production blending and costs.
Construction Inspector with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Perform data collection and reporting and observation of the performance of a construction management system
- Working in the field at construction sites as a quality assurance representative inspecting construction work and performing construction materials testing
- Performing field testing using the principles of soil science
- Ability to read drawings and specifications, write reports, create sketches, communicate and coordinate with the engineers, contractors, and clients
- Monitoring and documentation of daily construction activity, equipment and manpower.
- Verification of conformance of materials and equipment with approved shop drawing submittals
- Oversight of startup and testing activities
- Monitoring of work performance and documentation of variances from established schedules.
- Maintenance of changes to record documents and assistance with the preparation of “as built” drawings.