Plymouth Meeting, PA | Contract
Our client, a strong player in the pharmaceutical industry, has an opening for a Controller. The position is open due to merger and acquisition activity. This role is a 6-12 month assignment, with a possible opportunity to move into a more permanent role after the integration. The company offers a unique and dynamic employee-friendly environment.
The Controller will have responsibility over all the operational accounting activities. In addition, the Controller shall work closely with the entire business unit to leverage technology and to enable efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be a high performing problem solver with a strategic and tactical approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a leadership role in the execution of monthly, quarterly, and yearly operational accounting activities
- Help design and implement processes and workflows within a rapidly moving environment
- Collaborate with stakeholders to implement improvements and enhance overall business processes
- Work directly with operations teams and other senior leaders to build and maintain an integrated financial system
- Maintain accounting policies and procedures; monthly close, fixed assets, prepaids, T&E, G&A expenses, revenue and balance sheet reconciliations
- Work with outside auditors and tax consultants for annual audit and special projects as required.
- Must possess an analytical mindset, interpret financial results, and suggest improvements where needed
- Innate ability to articulate reporting both to senior executive management as well as staff
- Critical attention to detail
- High tolerance for rapidly changing direction
- Ability to handle competing objectives across multiple project silos
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or related field, CPA required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in roles such as Controller or Sr Accounting Manager; or experience in Top 10 accounting firm.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred or Life Sciences Industry experience
- NetSuite preferred, experience with ERP system required.