Cytology Lab Supervisor
Laurus Healthcare is representing a large acute care organization in their pursuit of a Supervisor of the Cytology Lab. The hospital based laboratory services department is one of the largest and most comprehensive clinical laboratories in Pennsylvania with several million test performed annually. The Cytology section is one of several laboratory sections that supports patients in this 600+ bed facility. An outstanding benefit package is offered for this role including generous paid time off!
The Cytology Supervisor will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Cytology Lab section. The Supervisor will manage a team of Cytotechnologists to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of services. He/She will plan for the future of the Cytology Lab, aligning with the department budget and organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cytotechnology or related science required
- Certification in Cytology (CT) via ASCP is required (ASCP-CT)
- ASCP Registration required
- Previous experience as Supervisor or Lead Cytotechnologist required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Cytotechnologist required
- Strong communication and leadership skills required