Director of Business Development
Position will have overall responsibility for developing new business with strategic accounts. Overall responsibilities include Marketing and new business development including new contracts and expanding client relationships across multiple Business Units. This position will be the primary point of contact for all pre-sales through closing interactions with accounts. Management of ongoing relationship will be split among this position and Business Unit Managers.
New Business Development:
- Establishes contacts and relationships with key decision makers of clients.
- Utilizes business unit leaders and technical experts to qualify, technically
- Maintains regular communications with these key contacts.
- Cultivate relationships with current client base and pro-actively manage partnerships to grow existing business.
- Identify, evaluate, actively pursue and closes new business opportunities within the strategic accounts. Target growth rate btw 30% - 50% annually over 3-year period.
- Prepare presentations related to correspondence for client engagement.
- Assist Senior Management with developing marketing, digital marketing and branding initiatives to ensure consistent and comprehensive messaging and communication to clients.
- Develop Sales and Business Development processes and ensures common practices are followed throughout the company.
- Work with Divisional management to provide updates on growth opportunities.
- Maintain prioritized business development pipeline/funnel report as key management tool. Provide regular updates to Executive Leadership Team.
- Coordinate with Division Directors to gather the necessary diligence within the organizations and perform business case justification to determine the merits and prioritization (e.g. profitability, strategic fit/interest, capacity and resource utilization) of business opportunities.
- Coordinate proposal process with Business Unit Management and ensure all RFQ deadlines are met
- Monitor and communicate industry trends relevant to strategic marketing and emerging business opportunities.
- Participates in the Divisional Strategic Planning Process by providing segment analysis, market trends, and comparisons to competitors.
- Supports organization continuous improvement initiatives to maximize performance and improve process quality, efficiency, and effectiveness through benchmarking activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related Field.
- 10+ years professional experience in direct sales or business development role.
- Willingness to travel up to 20% overnight or as required
- Keen interpersonal and customer relationship skills and proven leadership skills and team-building acumen across a diverse group of individuals
- Will work in a normal office environment which will require sitting standing and may occasionally lift and or move up to 10 pounds.
- Detail oriented and assertive self-starter who can operate effectively in a constantly changing environment and have solid business acumen.
- CRM: 3 years (Required)
- Marketing Strategy: 1 year (Required)
- Business Development: 10 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Philadelphia, PA (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- 25 (Required)