Laurus Accounting & Finance is seeking an Entry Level Fund Accountant. This position will play an integral part in forming and implementing the procedures and controls around the fund closing process, the tracking of investment performance, financial reporting and other key processes. The ideal candidate will have less than 2 years of accounting experience.
Responsibilities of the Entry Level Fund Accountant:
- Maintain the general ledger and various sub-ledgers.
- Prepare and review trial balances and work papers.
- Financial statement preparation.
- Prepare quarterly investor capital account statements.
- Prepare capital call/distribution allocations and monitor related receipt and disbursements.
- Perform cash and portfolio reconciliations.
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects.
Qualifications for the Entry Level Fund Accountant:
- Ideal candidate will be a recent grad with less than 3 years of public accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Experience in reviewing and preparing general ledgers and financial statements.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Must have an outstanding attitude, strong work ethic, and be self-motivated and proactive.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.