Human Resources Assistant
aurus Professional is currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant for one of our clients in Philadelphia, PA! This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to get a start into Human Resources.
- Perform related administrative and clerical functions including typing, filing, photocopying, record keeping, mail sorting, and operating office equipment.
- Assisting and supporting the Executives in all business and personal areas needing assistance
- Handling requests and queries appropriately
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
- Producing reports, presentations and briefs
- Collects data and prepares special reports and presentations as required.
- Maintain appointment and meeting calendars and ensure personnel are informed of schedules.
- Responds to employment verification requests.
- Retains confidential or sensitive information in a secure location and maintains confidentiality of all employee information.
- Assists with other HR projects as needed.
- Job posting, screening and scheduling interviews
- Perform onboarding and offboarding procedures and tasks (orientation, background checks, exit interviews, etc)
- Ensure new hire paperwork is accurate and complete and submitted to payroll in a timely manner.
- Work directly with the payroll department to ensure proper processing of time sheets and resolve pay related issues
- Perform Employment Verification requests by accurately completing paperwork and updating the tracking log.
- Complete and track background checks and other supporting functions to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Assist with New Employee Orientation and other training programs
- Assist with benefits administration and Open Enrollment activities.
- High School Diploma (Associate’s Degree preferred) is required
- 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Proficient user of Microsoft Outlook, Internet
- Must be friendly, flexible, confident and consistently demonstrate a helpful, positive attitude.
- Must present a professional appearance and use professional, well-spoken verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally
- Must be able to easily use and learn new computer programs as systems are upgraded and improved
- Must have high attention to detail skills
- Ability to move from task to task quickly and effectively, even with interruptions
- This position requires regular attendance, punctuality and the ability to work during normal office hours.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint).