Natural Gas Field Inspector
White Plains, NY
Laurus Professional is currently representing our client in the New York area in their search for Natural Gas Field Visual Inspectors. Our client specializes in providing a full life cycle of quality control services to the utility and infrastructure construction industries. They have developed a practical and effective approach to Quality Management, delivering proven results to the utility and construction companies throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Regions. Services include: electric and gas field inspection, as built sketching, as well as process assessments, quality program development and auditing.
We are recruiting for Natural Gas Field Visual Inspectors to provide inspection services and technical assistance (standards, procedures, design, etc.) in support of the Utility Customer. The inspector is 3rd party providing visual inspections of plastic fusion and gas construction throughout the greater NY area (or however you want to state that) . The inspector oversees construction contractors installing gas distribution mains and services. This will consist of excavation, plastic pipe installing and fusing, steel pipefitting and welding.
You will need to be NGA Operator Qualified for fusion before hire. We will pay for training and certification fees.
We can provide:
- Competitive hourly rate
- Mileage reimbursement
- Company matched IRA
- Medical benefits and PTO
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide daily inspection services of service installation crews.
- Inspect all facets of construction, including plastic and steel mains
- Review work package to ensure all applicable documents, sketches, estimates, etc. are intact
- Stop work, with the authorization of Utility, when the integrity of the pipeline may be compromised
- Ensure site safety in accordance with client’s procedures and the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTC-D)
- Fill out daily inspection reports and provide details of any installation contractor violations
- Ensure that services are being installed per Utility’s construction, safety and O&M Manuals
- Act as main point of contact for field questions and issues, share issues with Client Management and ensure that issues are resolved and documented
- Inspect, as directed by National Grid Management, all facets of the job, including plastic fusions, and document temperature, operator name and location
- Check for current installer/contractor Operator Qualifications
- Notify necessary parties of OSHA or Regulating Agency visits, gas leaks or property damage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience that relates to installation of gas mains and services
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong organizational skills to complete daily paperwork
- Computer literacy
- OSHA 10 or 30