Our client is a growing non profit organization in the Philadelphia area. This role is newly created due to growth and with a reputable institution in the area. Reporting into the VP/CFO this role will be responsible for all accounting functions and oversight, preparation of financial statements, maintain or improve policies and procedures, maintain financial systems and report relevant financial data to Executive Management.
Responsibilities of Non-Profit Controller:
- Leading areas within the finance function including accounting, financial and compliance reporting, audits, internal controls, accounts payable and grant accounting.
- Focus on strategic oversight and management of the institutions financial information.
- Insuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight of all internal and external audits
- Responsible for the monthly and year end close process and fund accounting.
- Insure accuracy of financial statements.
- Insuring appropriate internal controls are in place
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting or Finance required, MBA a plus
- CPA required
- 2+ years experience non profit accounting, 990 tax exposure and audits of employee benefit plans
- 8+ years of progressive, relevant work experience in an accounting management role
- Proven experience managing and leading teams and direct reports.