Staff Accountant - Non Profit Experience
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Our client, a leading non profit in Philadelphia is seeking a Staff Accountant to be an essential part of the Finance department, which is integral in ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting. The Staff Accountant is responsible for organizational accounting, assisting with the preparation of monthly financial statements, assist in payroll processing, and tracking and maintaining departmental, organizational, and grant specific budgets. Staff Accountant will assist in collecting pertinent data for third party audits, assist in financial reporting, and will gain exposure to a wide range of tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Record and post the day to day financial transactions, including AP, AR, and credit cards.
- Regularly maintain detailed schedules and reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts. Reconcile bank statements on a monthly basis.
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits.
- Accurately record payroll related expenses.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash account.
- Assist in annual budgeting, forecasting and audit procedures.
- Record adjusting journal entries & expense allocations
- Lead the month-end and year-end close processes.
- Provide support for organizational audits, including the annual audit, and audits from governmental institutions.
- Provide support for annual tax return filing.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and analyses.
- Prepare departmental budget vs actual reports.
- Prepare budget reports as needed for grant reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3+ years of relevant experience in a nonprofit environment.
- Knowledge of GAAP and experience implementing GAAP adjustments.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- A team player and enjoys a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task/prioritize and meet deadlines
- CPA/MBA a plus!