Laurus Accounting & Finance is seeking a Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, dedicated and a team player with 4+ years of recent public or corporate accounting experience or a combination of both. This role will perform a variety of accounting functions relating to the monthly close.
Responsibilities to include:
- Preparation and input of journal entries.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis.
- Assist with month-end close process, interim and annual audit of the financial statements.
- Show leadership throughout the department
- Identify opportunities to improve month end close process
- Maintain highest level of accuracy and compliance in GL accounting process
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies and procedures.
- Assist internal and external auditors with documentation preparation and assist in responding to audit questions
Requirements of the Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- High degree of time management and organizational skills