Technical Accounting Policy Manager
King of Prussia, PA
Laurus Accounting & Finance is seeking an experienced accounting professional for a new opportunity. We are assisting our client in their search for a Technical Accounting Policy Manager. This individual will report to the Director of External Reporting and work with the Corporate Controller.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company dedicated to delivering innovative solutions to customers. The Technical Accounting Policy Manager will gain exposure to all areas of corporate accounting, finance, and tax.
Responsibilities of the Technical Accounting Policy Manager:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure statements are in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Analyze and resolve complex accounting/reporting issues
- Act as point of contact for SEC guidance, FASB Standards, etc.
- Ensure US GAAP and accounting policies are effective
- Keep up to date on and implement new reporting requirements
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Support quarterly audits and reviews with external auditors
- Additional responsibilities as needed
Requirements of the Technical Accounting Policy Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s preferred
- CPA required, other certifications a plus
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC Reporting
- 5+ years of experience in public accounting, SEC reporting or technical accounting policy role
- CPA firm experience ideally preferred.